Living with relative who uses bath salts. Is he dangerous for my kids?

My brother-in-law recently moved in with us and I m very concerned. I think he is doing bath salts. His face (overnight) will look all potholed and his lip is split now. this has happened several times since moving in the past two months. Is he dangerous??? I have 3 young kids and I m worried for their safety. He seems outta of it sometimes too, slept all day sunday. Claims it is from not taking his pain medications right, too much, or coming down from it. I don t buy it.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I believe that your brother in law is using substances that are dependence forming and I am completely with you about your concerns for hi. I also believe that he may not be in the best place and it is in your best interest as well to have him go to treatment. I believe a consultation with a psychiatrist or a local doctor should trigger hospitalization for acute detox and ultimately rehabilitation. I wish you the best in getting you B-I-L to treatment as soon as possible.

I hope this helps. Take care of yourself and have a lovely day!