Liver with changes likely due to diffuse fatty infiltration, focal deposit of cholesterol. What is wrong?

Hi my husband had an ultrasound back in 2009 with results showing: Liver with changes likely due to diffuse fatty infiltration with no clear evidence of focal lesion . Also, Gallbladder with a non mobile focal lesion in the posterior wall of the body, likely due to a focal deposit of cholesterol or a true polyp , followup in 6 months is recommended. The lesion measured 0.7 echogenic. Fast forward to now 2012 Has not been feeling well, went to primary and they JUST mentioned this report...WE were told back in 2009 that report was negative. Only just found out because we asked for all his records. My question is: Should we be worried about this now that he is feeling awful. Can a polyp on gallbladder turn to cancer. What would be the the symptoms?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013