Liver ultrasound. Parenchyma is coarsened and diffusely hyperattenuating, consistent with diffuse fatty liver. Fibriosis?

hi I had high liver tests alt 63 and ast 41 and liver ultra sound impression said parenchyma is coarsened and diffusely hyperattenuating, consistent with diffuse fatty liver. The portal vein shows normal, no ffee fluik, bile duct is 2.3 cm. I have drank alchol for many years, am 55, and my levels on my test are up sometimes, then 18, and 30 other times since 2009. If I had cirrossis would that have shown up on the ultra sound? Also I have not been drinking alchol, not eating fatty foods, trying to loose weight, so if all tests go back to normal will this coarsening become smooth? Is this cells that show some hardening or fibrosis? Just wondering if this can heal and in 3-4 months can I have an occasional glass of wine, will this progress to fibrosis or cirrossis? Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013