Liver transplanted, developed tonsil stones, throat hurts, ears itch, not advised tonsillectomy. What to do?

I m a post liver transplantee (2 years) and have developed tonsil stones within the last year or so. My tonsils have always been huge (golf ball sized) and cavernous. These tonsil stones are big, the size of a clipped fingernail. They make my throat hurt and ears itch , and sometimes get into my mouth making me nearly vomit . My doctors do not want to do a tonsillectomy because they find it unnecessary.
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012