Liver tests show high globulin levels. Is everything ok with the liver ?

My S.Bilirubin Total is 0.5 mg/dl
S.Bilirubin-Direct is 0.10 mg/dl
S.Bilirubin- InDirect is 0.40mg /dl
S.G.O.T is 11 IU/L
S.G.P.T is 13 IU/L

Total Proteins is 7.6 gms/dl
S.Albumin 3.9 gms /dl
S.globulin is 3.7 gms/dl

A/G ratio 1:1
Gamma GT 29 IU /L

Is everything ok with my liver?
Why is my globulin high?
Please advice.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Welcome to Health Care Magic
There are lot many causes which can cause high globulin levels.Most common of them are:chronic Inflammatory diseases (ex: TB, Syphilis),multiple melanoma, leukemia , autoimmune disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis,lupus,autoimmune hepatitis,Kidney disease(diabetes can also cause kidney disease called diabetic nephropathy ), liver disease.
But this single test is not enough to diagnose any disease. You need other specialized tests to know the exact underlying cause. please let us know why did you do your liver function test (LFTs) what was the cause behind it?
I hope you are satisfied with the answer
take care

General Surgeon Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein's  Response
Apr 2013
Everything is ok with your live rand this is only slightly elevated globuline which means absolutely nothing. i am sure that if you do test in a few weeks finding would be lower. Your other findings are great. I wish you good health.