Liver damage due to alcohol abuse. Is Udihep the right medication?

Hi Doctor, I have damaged Liver because of Alcohol Abuse ( alcoholic hepatitis or maybe pre-cirrotic). LFT enzymes GGT and Alkaline Phosphate are very high but others like AST, ALT , Bilirubin etc are normal. I have quit drinking now and following the doctors prescribed meds like vitamins etc. But recently another Doctor advised me to add Udihep 300 mg twice. My question is that I have read that Ursodesoxycholic Acid is beneficial only in PBC or in removing Gall Stones. My gall bladder has been removed 8 years ago. So why did he prescribe Udihep 300 ?? Can this medicine damage my Liver further? Should i stop it or continue it ? If continue, for how long ??
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012