Little throbbing pain in neck after lifting heavy weight. Histroy of artificial disc replacement. Serious?

i just had artificial disc replacement a little over 2 wks ago.they replaced c5 and c6.i was told not to lift more than 20 lbs for 4 to 6wks and not paying attention i carried a 5 gallon container of paint which had about 3 1/2 gallons in it which weighs about 40 lbs up stairs into my attic with 1 arm.i am terrified i hurt would i know if i did any damage.i am not in bad pain just feel a little throbbing in my neck.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013