Little milk production from one breast, stopped breast feeding. Thick blood pours out vaginally. Reason?

I have had small amounts of milk that prodcues from one breast . I have had 2 childern and breast feed both for about 6 -8 months. I stopped breast feeding about 2 years ago... an still have milk production from one breast. Also, not sure if it connected but, my periods have been strange.. very thick blood that literally pours out when I go to the washroom. I am concerned becasue I asked my doctor and he mentioned something about my pituary gland and checking hormone levels...what does this mean?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013