Little bump rashes on side cheeks, spreading to arms, legs, stomach and back. Can Omnicef help ?

Hello my name is AAAAAA, my son is AAAAA, My 3 year old son was prescribed amoxicillin on Jan, 31rst for a slight single ear infection . I started him on it that evening. By Sunday the 3rd of February he started getting little bump rashes breaking out on his side cheek, then it would move to the other side, and would move to his arm , his legs, his stomach , back. The rashes were itchy to him and he also was starting to get mild fever . He complained and still does that his head hurts, and his body basiclly hurts all over. He is very tired, eyes look very tired, his bottom of his feet are itchy at times he says. I stopped giving him the Amoxicillin after that morning dose on the 3rd, and the rashes are much less it seems but still coming on at times. The doctor said he is allergic to the Amoxicillin which I assumed, and has prescribed Omnicef 250 MG 4ML by mouth once a day for 10 days. I have not started him on it yet in fear that it may cause worse conditions for him, that was on February the 6th. My son is still getting slight fever here and there, gets rapid heart beats at times, is very sleepy most the days, doesnt seem to be himself by far still. He is not having much of a desire to eat or drink. He still complains he hurts in his head, chest and basiclly all over he says. He still is getting slight fevers, and is still getting small rashes a few times, but not as bad as they were. I went to the doctor for a wellness check up and my son was doing fine and was his happy self, I only started the amoxicillin cause it was prescribed for his ear infection to head it off before it got bad. I dont know what to do... Do I get him on the Omnicef in the condition he is in, or do I.... thats just it, I don t know what to do. I researched side effects on Omnicef and I am afraid to make him worse off than he is now, but I don t want to be doing the wrong thing. I want my son to get better. Please help me, please. ( In the past he has had ear infections alot, but had been clear of them for some time now till that visit where I was told he had a slight infection in one of his ears )
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013