Lips turning black. Need help

hey my name is Saba, my lips are becoming black still not to that worse but still when my health becomes bad my lips start becoming black and i feel very sad coz when i go with my friends out they use to say that y ur lips becoming black i was ashamed but then also i want to make like before so i need help from u, if u can help me doctor
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
hi..thanks for your query..
A lot of people have dark lips genetically predetermined,although parents may/may not have it. A frequent cause of non genetic lip darkening is the use of lipsticks /coloured balms/gloss , as these tend to darken the lips over a period of time.So try and not use it too often..If you have to use it,then let it be allegen free and replace them every 2 months.I would advise you to start using medicated lip balms with SPF and to reapply it several times in a day..that helps in reducing further darkening.Also use a cream containing kojic acid twice a day for lightening of lip colour.U can also opt for mild chemical peels once in 15-30 days to exfoliate better and lighten faster.
Take care!