Lips peeling. Having eczema on face, allergies, asthma. Reason for lip peeling?

I think I have exfoliative cheilitis . I stopped using lip balm two weeks ago to see if they can naturally heal themselves. My lips keep peeling in a vicious cycle. How long does it take for them to stop peeling? Or is this a chronic condition to where I have to use something on them for the rest of my life? I m actually going to see a dermatologist about this in a few weeks. I do have eczema on my face, allergies and asthma . I m thinking this may be the reason why my lips are like this?
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012