Lips changing color to dark blue/black. Smoker. Remedies to restore colour?

Hi, I am a 25-year-old male, currently over the past 2 years both my lips are changing colour to a dark blue\black colour. This is only on my lips and a colour difference is visible comparing to the inside of my mouth. I do smoke , currently average of 8 per day, i drink only tea I wish to restore the colour of my lips to the natural pink colour
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012
Jan 2013
Dark tanning of your lips id because of smoking.
You have to quit smoking for again achieving brightness of your lips.
You should consult with general physician and should take proper medicines for quitting smoking.
You can also apply beetroot, lime juice and almond oil for better appearance of your lips.
Take lesser amount of tea & coffee.
Lipsticks with moisturizers will keep the lips nourished and also hide the dark spots.
Vitamin C, essential for the production of collagen is reduced by smoking. It should be included in your diet since it helps in building new tissues.
Hope that helps.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava