Lips are purple and swollen, subsided with medicine, reappeared. Cause?

my moms lips have been swelling up and turned purple when she took medicine the other day. her arms they said maybe something she ate. But when she took a med again it hAppened randomly again. Don t think its food. She took like anvil and aleave. She does take vicodon also prescribed to her,.but this isn t out of the normal but the swells is !
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Swelling over lips after intake of a particular medicine could be drug induced. Please let your prescribing doctor know about the same. Witholding the drug and intake of oral antihistamine should help.
Dermatologist Dr. Kalpana Pathak's  Response