Lipoma on lower back, numb foot, loss of sensation of bowel movement, MRI shows lipoma at spine. Will it be worse?

I had a lipoma on my left side lower back removed last year due to pain. It was 2cm by 5 cm. My pain returned and this time I have foot numbness and bowel and bowel loss of sensation. I got an MRI and it shows that this time the lipoma is at the spine. Of course I got referred to a back surgeon to get it removed. My appointment is a month out. Can my pain and symptoms get worse if it continues to grow?
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012