Lipid profile test done. Effective medicines without side effects?

Sir, I have done lipid profile test on Jan 2, 2013 in Golwilkar lab Pune. and below are my reading, doctor advice me Tonact 10 gram. Colesterol (Total) serum by Enzymatic method -- 226 observed value Triglyceride , serum by Enzymatic method -- 242 observed value HDL CHolestetol,serum by Enzymatic method -- 37 observed value VLDL cholesterol, serum by calculation ---- 48 LDL cholestrol serum ----- 141 Cholesterol (Total) HDL chloesterol Ratio 6.11 LDL cholestrol/ HDL cholesterol Ratio --- 3.80 Age - 42 Gender- F Wanted to know does this medicine has any side effect and how long is should take this medicine to control the Lipid. or advice if any ayurvedic medicine is available which is more effective and does not have any side effect. Please mail me at YYYY@YYYY Regards,
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013