Lip injury, have stitches, dissolvable, soreness in teeth, numbness. What is wrong?

Hi, i suffered an injury playing sport and 2 teeth went right through my lip at the front. This happened about 6 weeks ago, i had 2 stitches on the outsids which came out a week later and 7 dissolvable stitches on the inside which eventually all went away about 2 weeks ago. My teeth although very sore at the time seem to be fine and everything has healed well. The only problem i have is that i still have slight numbness on my lower lip close to were the scar is on the inside. Is there a possibility this could be permanent or is it normal to take a period of time for the nerves to heal? Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013