Limited research MRI demonstrating apparent T1 hypointensity of cervical spine which could be related to anemia or infiltrating marrow process. Indications, treatment?

I have had a couple MRIs lately as a control subject for several memory and aging studies (I appear to be aging normally without dementia , huntington s disease, etc.) After a recent MRI, I got a call from my doctor that he had gotten a report from the imaging center about an anomylous result. This is what the report says: Sagittal T1 3D IRFSPGR, axial DTI, and axial HARDI research sequences were obtained at 3 Tesla. Limited research MRI demonstrating apparent T1 hypointensity of the visualized cervical spine which could be related to anemia or infiltrating marrow process. Recommend correlation with patient s medical history. I recently had a routine physical and follow-up blood testing which would eliminate anemia as a problem. My doctor is unclear about what the cause of this result could be. I looked around online and noticed the other people who have had MRIs have had some underlying physical problem they have been trying to treat. However, while I have had arthritis in my neck for some time and have a limited range of motion, I feel great, and have no symptoms like pain or anything else. Can you help me understand what this MRI finding means and what my follow-up actions should be? Thank you!
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013