Lightheaded with dizziness, back pain, shortness of breath, enlarged abdomen. Have ulcerative colitis. LFT normal. Pulmonary hypertension?

I am light headed and dizzy with middle right side and back pain . I am extremely tired. Earlier I felt short of breath and have an enlarged abdomen . I have had LFTs done just a week ago and they were normal and also had CBC and pancreatic FTs done. I do have ulcerative colitis but with the exception of fresh blood after passing stool (not much of it), I am not experiencing any symptoms with the exception of some passing pain, stool is normal. I am afraid this is either cholangitis or pulmonary hypertension (I do have swelling in the lower legs). Other tests done recently and were normal: ECG, chest film.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns. I agree that part of the manifestations of pulmonary hypertension include fatigue, shortness of breath, passing out spells, swelling of the abdomen or legs, etc, thus I believe that at a minimum an echocardiogram or ultrasound of the heart will be useful to look into that possibility.

Hope that heps, wish you the best health, blessings,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN