Lighter period, no blood clots, had unprotected sex. Hormonal imbalance? Should i meet doctor?

I had small spotting the day before my period. The next day i had a light flow. I normally have a heavy flow on the first and second day with blood clots although this time it was lighter, i do not have any blood clots, and it isn't coming out onto my pad. I normally change my pad 4 times a day, now i only have to change once a day. its nothing like my other periods. Any clue as to what this may be? I had unprotected sex 2 weeks ago. Im not sure if this is just my period and its becoming irregular due to hormonal imbalance or if i should go get it checked out by a doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013