Light white spots in mouth, back of throat, tonsils, smoking addiction, has GERD, post nasal drop, has habit of cleaning tonsils

hi . I have a couple of barely white spots in my mouth. two on the sides of the back of mt throat and one on my left tonsil . i went to the dr and he said it didnt look like cancer but possibly leukoplakia . i did smoke for 15 years but i quit a year ago. since then i have smoked socially possibly a pack here or there but not consistant. i found these spots about a month ago as i was cleaning out my tonsils from my tonsil stones. the spot that is white is where i push all the time. my question is is it possible for it to be because thats where i push and not leukoplakia or if it is still leukoplakia is it true leukoplakia do you think it would stiull be cancerous? Also i have post nasal drip and gerd would those cause the same irritation on my throat? they are almost a pinkish white not true white but not sure what the characteristics are..... I have started my gerd medicine and am not smoking even socially as well as trying to keep from pushing out the stones how long till i know if the irritation will go away or if i should see another doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 2 May 2012