Light pink stringy discharge, bright red blood. Is it the uterus lining?

Hi there, I am due to start my period any day. Yesterday, I experienced a huge amount of very light pink stringy thick discharge. To me this looked as thought it could be uterus lining, it had the same appearance as if a piece of skin had come off the inside of your mouth. An hour following that I had a small amount of very red blood. This morning, I had more of the pink discharge, now a bit different in colour - more like a darker pink. I have had small amounts of bright red blood since when I wipe. Should I get this checked?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013