Light pink periods lasting two days with severe cramping. Home pregnancy test negative. Treatment?

hi i had my period last month and it was light pink and it lasted for two days. this month i just got my period this morning and its light pink and the last period i had, i had severe crampin and wen my period was over i still was having the cramping. i then got me a home preagnancy test and it was negative. what should i do?
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Hope this message finds u in good health.
I have gone through ur msg and understand your concern.

it may be due to some sort of hormonal imbalances or variations in the body,though there may be other reasons as well

Nothing to worry about, You should eventually get back to normal.

Take multi vitamin and calcium supplements ,antispasmodics
Do consult a gynecologist if symptoms worsen

Get back to me for any FOLLOW UP QUERIES anytime.

Regards,Dr Mahaveer Patil...(MBBS,MS,Mch)
OBGYN Dr. Shanti Vennam's  Response
In the current scenario, you should see a specialist for a proper clinical evaluation, get a blood test for pregnancy and a trans-vaginal sonogram to assess the state of the pelvic organs. If pregnancy is negative, this altered state could be related to a transient hormone deficiency. This may happen with sudden weight disturbances, infections, stress and certain medications. Also, urinalysis can reveal the presence of any urinary tract infection, which can also present in a similar manner. Hope you find this information useful. Wish you good health.