Light periods, started taking mini pill. Could this be a miscarriage?

i m not sure wot it is i had but my last period was so light that i didnt need to use tampons only showed wen i went to toilet which i normally am quite heavy but because i thought it was a period i started taking the mini pill about 6 days before the end of my first lot of pills i came on then after 2 days this large amount of what i thought was a blood clot came out i started to investigate & found that it looked like some kind of lining from inside i m 45 yrs old & normally have a 26 day cycle i ve also just recently become sexually active again after 2yrs could this be a misscarriage of something ele?
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012