Light periods, have ovarian cysts, prolonged bleeding between pregnancies

Hi I started my period on time however for three days was very light, hardly there , for the next 7 days similar to a light period and for the last 5 similar to a very light period with no sign of sopping- I have always had a 21/24 day cycle- regular- heavy bleeding for 3 days followed by light bleeding for 2 to 3 days. This is not like a normal period its a lot lighter but lasting for ages! I was 45 on 31st July- Have known ovarian cysts . The only other issues that I have ever had is prolonged bleeding following both my pregnancies 11 and 13 years ago. Any advice would be helpful, It has never happened before. I have had periods that have come early on occasions but nothing else. We have just flown back from America so still on US time . Many Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012