Light periods followed by nausea, light headedness, severe lower back pain, negative pregnancy test. What is the cause?

hi. im not really sure what to do. for the past week ive been really nauseated, light headed and have bad lower back pain . my last period was on april 6 but it was really weird. it came for a day just lightly then left then came back a few days later, light again and then left a few days later. not normal at all. i took a pregnanacy test and it came up negative. ive been reading lots of things online about how sometimes it can take a long time for a test to be positive! im just not sure if i should be seeing a dr or just waiting or what. I have all the classic pregnancy symptoms but a negative test.
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012