Light periods, experienced very light flow, blood is somewhat red, brownish. Could it be a sign of pre-menopause?

I use to have very regular, heavy flow menses on 1st and 2nd days and it becomes lighter on 3rd and 4th day. My period is normally around 5 days. I even have to change tampons like 3-4 times a day on the 1st and 2nd days, and experience bad backache & tummy cramp. However, last month I noticed that my period is very light flow & it stretched to like 7 days, but very little. I did not even change tampon that frequent like i used to. Last month for the 1st time, my period also came in really late than usual, like 2 weeks delay. I had signs of period yesterday, but this month, it is also very light and today being the 2nd day, i experienced very very light flow and blood is somewhat a little of red but mostly brownish. I am turning 49 this year, could it be a sign of pre-menopause?
p/s how do i pay you? I dont own a credit card!
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013