Light periods after being sexually active, pregnancy test negative. Is it possible that it can be pregnancy?

hi, the last time I was sexually active was in april after my period, I came on my period in may right on time, but it was very light, I came on in june on time too & it was light too...When july came I was suppose to start on the 5th but it didnt show up I am now 3 weeks late; I took a home pregnancy test and it came back negative. is it possible that i could be pregnant?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
May 2013

Though the chance is less we cannot completely rule out possibility.
As some women can have bleeding on their expected dates of periods even in pregnancy also.
So you consult gynecologist and undergo physical examination and ultrasound which will possibly rule out pregnancy and also the cause for your delayed periods can be made out and treatment can be given accordingly.