Light period, brown bleeding. Not pregnant. Any insight?

I am 32 years old and normally have normal 5 day periods each month of Mod-heavy bleeding . Then Last month instead I had a very light and brown in color period still lasting for about 5 days. I was very stressed that entire month and assumed it was from that until this month it started again and is the same and I have not been stressed nearly as I was last month. I have not had a partner in over a year so pregnancy is not possible. Any insight would be greatly aapreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012

As you are not giving additional data (such as your age,smoking,drinking alcohol,etc.); I would suggest to consult OG as soon as possible.

He/she will ask to run some tests (transvaginal echo, pap test, vaginal swab testing, blood hormones levels) to determine what is really causing such bleeding and get the appropriate treatment.

All the best!