Light patches on both elbows, Tricort 40 mg, Dicaris 150 mg on weekends, Halox cream, Any side effects?

My mother, aged 66, has developed a moderate sized light patch on her right elbow and a small patch on her left elbow. There is no inflammation of any sort. There is no mention of the diagnosis on the prescription sheet. The dermatologist whom my mother consulted gave her a Tricort injection 40mg, and has prescribed Dicaris 150mg (by Johnson and Johnson) to be consumed post lunch and dinner on Saturdays and Sundays for four weeks (8 tablets have been provided). The dermatologist has also prescribed Halox Cream containing Halobetasol Propionate Cream to be applied at night. Besides this, she has given a small bottle of oil (name not mentioned in prescription, moreover, there is no indication whatsoever of name, manufacturer... on the bottle) to be applied on the patches which are to be exposed to sunlight for two minutes thereafter. I am extremely wary of steroids and their after-effects, and having read about the side-effects of the prescribed medicines, I am filled with anxiety regarding the same. I will be very grateful if you could advise me whether or not we should go ahead with the prescribed medicines/treatment. Moreover I did not see any mention of leucoderma or vitiligo in the list of conditions that could be treated with Tricort injection. ( WWW.WWWW.WW I am worried. Please help. Regards,
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012