Light menstrual bleeding, clear discharge. What could be wrong?

I normally have a heavy flow when i start my period it usually last a week or a week and two days give or take but when i went to urinate i whipped and saw that there was barley any blood at all not even enough to call bleeding there was also a clearish gooey substance there as well im wondering what could be wrong because my flow is normally really heavy and last for a week or so....what could be wrong
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012
May 2013
Scanty flow during periods is called hypomenorrhea.
This can occur due to many causes like :
- Hormonal imbalance as in poly cystic ovary disease, stress and strain, weight changes etc
-Thyroid abnormalities.
- Anemia etc.
- If there is any possibility of pregnancy, better to rule out ectopic pregnancy or miscarriage once.
If there is no possibility of pregnancy, you can watch in the next cycle.
Possibly by improving the nutrition the flow may improve in the next cycles.
If there is possibility of pregnancy, once consult gynecologist, get examined and go for ultrasound.
By this workup the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treated.