Light headedness, breathlessness when running. Normal blood pressure. Taking Lescol for high cholesterol

I m a 50-year-old man. I ride an exercise bike 4 days/week. I ride hard for an hour and feel great. But for some reason I can no longer run or even jog. When I run I get lightheaded and short of breath. I sometimes feel lightheaded when I run up a flight of stairs, as when getting out of the subway. This is a fairly new phenomenon - I ran marathons in 2003, 05 and 09 (not fast but without incident). I m told my blood pressure is normal. Other things to note: As a child I had asthma . I have high cholesterol and take Lescol for that. This doesn t feel like chest pains. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013