Light-headed, fatigue, shortness of breath, chest pain

These are my symptoms: light-headed, fatigue, shortness of breath, chest pain ..pounding or fluttering in the chest.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Hi Mirajia S, I've had a look at the answers posted so far for your symptoms and they are all possibilities. I agree that these may be potentially very serious symptoms, and you should definitely see a physician or head for the emergency room. However, I recognise these symptoms from my own experience, and I too thought they had to be linked to a serious heart problem. I went to hospital where I was put on an ECG (Electrocardiogram) machine and monitored for a few hours. The eventual diagnosis was that I had nothing wrong with my heart, and I had suffered from a panic attack. That was 8 years ago, and I've never had the symptoms again, and I've never had heart disease since either. I hope you are OK, and I hope that you keep calm and get some tests done which will put your mind at rest, but please don't panic - you may be perfectly OK. best wishes from Malcolm.