Light cramps, heavy bleeding between periods. Not on birth control, not sexually active. Causes?

I am 28 years old. My last period was two weeks ago. There is no chance that I m pregnant and I m not on any kind of birth control . Thursday night, I noticed some extremely light, barely noticeable cramps . When I went to the bathroom, I was bleeding . The bleeding has not stopped or let up since then (it s now Saturday afternoon). It s a lot heavier than my periods and I don t have any cramps (except for the initial ones), which I usually do have with periods. I have never had bleeding or even spotting between periods and my periods are very regular. Should I go to the ER?
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012