Light color patch on skin, spreads till lower tip in a baby. What can they be?

Hello, I have got a 7 week old baby. When he was about a week old we noticed a light coloured patch on his chin . It was small @ first but got bigger within 3 to 4 days n stopped expanding. I m an African so the patch is really obvious. Very light in colour. We took him to see a paediatrician who wasn t so sure whatt it was and decided to give us an antifungal cream to use on it ..we used it n it made no difference @ all. the patch is on his chin n all the way to his lower lip which is also affected by the hypopigmentation . Just under his nose , a smaller not so light one has emerged along the same line as the one under his chin n then a small not so noticeable one on his forehead along the same line as the rest...the one on the chin is the largest n most noticeable of the three. This patch has really botherd me.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012