Light brown stools, yellowish, watery, sloppy consistency. Treatment?

Hi, I went to the toilet about 5 minutes ago and (sorry for the ew ness) my poo started off normal then came out really light brown, almost yellow and really thin. Also yesterday it was yellowish brown and had a sloppy consistency. What could be the problem? I am on my period but have never had this problem before. Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you might be having infection of the gastrointestinal tract and needs medical management.

I would suggest that you should get your stool examined.

I would advise that you should take an antacid like Omeprazole 40 mg once a day before meals.A probiotic along with digestive enzyme preparation containing pepsin and fungal diastase will have added benefits.
You may need antibiotic or antiamoebic, according to that reports of the stool test.

Eat light meals prepared under hygienic conditions.
Also maintain your hydration.

I hope this is helpful to you.