Light bleeding, spotting during periods. Beginning of menopause?

I am 46, very healthy, workout ( weight train 2x/week) , don t smoke , eat healthy. I know my iron is low because I should be taking it routinely and don t. Up until 4-5 months ago my periods were very regular and the same every month. Howver for the last 4-5 months, they have been slow to get going, and I have 1 1/2 heavy days and then taper off, lasting the same amount of time. This past week which would be a normal period, I have just had spotting everyday, to the point where I don t need even a panty liner. I don t have any other symptoms, but am wondering if this is the beginning of menopause? or something else?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013