Light bleeding after miscarriage, dry thick blood tinted discharge

Hi I had a miscarrige a couple of weeks ago on march 27 and I didn t bleed long at all maybe until april 2nd and then a couple of days after that I had a slimy egg white type of mucus live I ovulated but my opk test was negative and then yesterday I had sort of a dry thick blood tinted discharge do you think you may know what is going on? Please help me
Asked On : Sun, 15 Apr 2012
Mar 2013
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Following an abortion it is normal to have mild spotting or bleeding for a couple of weeks.
A review checkup is essential.
Follow up ultrasound scan after 15 days should be done without fail.
It would document an empty uterine cavity and substantiate that there are no retained products inside.
The hormonal changes can persist upto a month after the abortion.
What you had again could be your normal period.
A normal period resumes within 4 - 6 weeks after an abortion.
A slightly lesser than normal period is also normal.
The bloating and gassy feeling is also normal.
Old blood gets shed off with the next period.
A transvaginal scan , if already done, that is essentially normal, rules out any abnormality.
A thorough gynaecological internal examination - per vaginum and per speculum - also should be done to rule out any lingering infection or inflammation.
Make sure you do not conceive for atleast 3 months after an abortion.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further