Light and painful periods with black clumpy blood after intake of birth control pills. History of irregular periods. Serious?

Hi,I have never had a regular period and I have not been sexually active for the past 5 months; i did not get a period during the course of these 5 months. I have taken many pregnancy tests during that time, all came out negatively. Now, I began to take my birth control and my period came. I usually have a very heavy, painful period. Now, it is very light and painful with black clumpy blood. Today is day 4 and the blood is a little redder but it is very light. What wrong with me??
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013