Ligament tear, fractured hamate, 5th metacarpal, dislocated 4th metacarpal. Hand surgery done, 5 k wires used. Healing time?

I recently underwent surgery on my hand in which 5 k wires/pins were used to fix 1) fractured hamate 2) fractured 5th metacarpal 3) dislocated 4th metacarpal which was apparently unstable and therefore required fixation. My surgeon told me that I tore a ligament(s) which usually holds the 4th metacarpal on place. I have had the k wires in for 3.5 weeks and have 2.5 weeks remaining before their removal at 6 weeks post op. The surgeon told me going into the surgery that I'd only have 2 pins for a total of 4 weeks but discovered the extra damage (original diagnosed with only a hamate fracture) my questions are 1) when will we know if my ligament will heal properly? 2) do metacarpal dislocations at the base (ajoining carpal bones) always result in ligament tears? What us the general full recovery time?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013