Ligament problem in the knee, on medication, no relief. What should I do?

I ve been told by my doctor I have ligament problem in my left knee been on medication since Monday but it doesn t seem to be getting any better pain wise should I be resting my knee or keeping it mobile as I wasnt clear from my own as what is the best treatment and also how long do you think I should wait before going back to see if there is anything better pain wise I could be given as these tablets don t seem to be working still in a lot of pain been in pain for three weeks now and it been long enough
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012