Less sensitive penis. Should I stop masturbation and sex to recover feeling?

My problem is during intercourse,I can t feel much which is really making my life a misery. I guess the cause of this is due to years of dry masturbation with no lubricant. My penis has less sensitivity on the top half. Now I read on the internet I need to go about ninety days without masturbation for it to go back to normal. Do I need to go without sex aswell? How long will it take to go back to normal. And will it?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Urologist 's  Response

Welcome to HCM and thanks for your query.
Masturbation has nothing to do with your problem.
Age, vascular disease, mental status and stress do matter.
You need counselling, erection enhancing medicines to start with and depending on the progress changes can be made.
Wishing you good health
DR GS