Length difference in legs, knee pain. Hip replacement, cemented prosthesis. X-ray shows fractured cement. Treatment?

I am a 69 yr.old male. I had a total hip replacement (right) in June 2008 at age 65. It was a cemented prosthesis although I did not know that at the time. About 2 years ago I started to have a lot of leg pain and I noticed that my leg had shortened by about 21mm. The pain has been resolved through the use of alternative therapy . However the leg length become progressively worse until now there is a 60mm difference between my legs. X-ray has shown that the cement holding the femoral stem has fractured. Blood tests have revealed no infection. Following a bone scan my surgeon (not the original surgeon) recommended that I wear a shoe lift which I was already doing. I have no pain in the joint itself but I sometimes get pain above the knee, especially during a long drive and I am experiencing increasing back pain which i think is being caused by the leg length difference. Should I insist on revision surgery and if it is revised can it be replaced with a cementless prosthesis.
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012