Legs feeling hot at night, stiffness and pain. What is the reason?i

Hi, At night, I sleep with both feet outside of the bed because my very lower part of my legs get very hot (from the ankles up halfway to knee ). It feels like it is only the front of the lower legs and not the calves. I used to do a lot of walking, but am unable to do much now because of stiffness and mild pain. Please note, these symptoms are there every night and not just in warm weather. I feel the heat during the day but seems to feel quite hot at night. Many thanks, I hope you can advise what this may be.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013