Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Legitimate list of foods that clog arteries & heart attack

Does anyone know a legitimate list of foods that clog arteries and cause heart attacks? Please let me know so I can avoid them. Also, how can a person unclog their arteries and reverse damage? I m young and want to live a long and healthy life! So any information with sources will be appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  961
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
trans fat Remember, trans fat is not natural food, its food processed by food companies to expand shelf life Fats have carbon atoms with free valences which means oxygen atoms can fill the valences or open ends available for attachment with the carbon atom This is a good thing at least short term because you can digest them, have the oxygen bond with the carbon during digestion which creates energy for your body But because its a good thing bacteria want to eat the food before you do. Thats why if the food is not fresh or refrigerated, the food will spoil. Thats because the bacteria got to the food before you did Food manufacturers who do not want to incur the expense of food going bad because it sits on the shelf too long try to save money at the expense of your health by "hydrogenating "the fats in their products They chemically place hydrogen atoms at the ends of the carbon atoms to fill the vacancy so to speak so no oxygen can bond This means the food is so bad, the bacteria will leave it alone. It also means the food has no value to you as a human being. This is the process that creates "trans fat" and it will clog your arteries/ Likewise avoid food products that say "partially hydrogenated" Same idea, bad for your arteries So the first thing you should avoid are trans fat Secondly, avoid whole milk. The fat found in regular milk which is not skim milk is worst than the fat found in red meat I eat dairy products such as nonfat milk and whey. After you take the bad fat out of milk, its an excellent food, but the fat in whole milk will really clog your arteries. Don't be deceived by 2% milk. It means 2% by volume which means the other 98% is mostly water. But calorie wise, 2% milk is about 40% bad fat, so stay away from 2% milk. Its not as bad as regular whole milk, but it is still pretty bad for your arteries
Answered: Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor