Leg twisted, got sharp pain in hip, painful to walk. Should I go for medical treatment?

I was shaving my legs in the shower and balancing on my right leg while my left leg was resting on the tub. I twisted around behind me to reach something and heard a pop and felt a sharp pain in my right hip - almost the groin area. Did I pull something, tear something, or what? It is VERY painful to walk. do I need to seek medical treatment or just rest or ice it?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I think at present there is no need to rush to emergency. You take rest, take tablet Brufen and apply ice. It will be fine in 2 days. If after that the pain persist then you can go to a orthopaedic surgeon. it looks like that you had some muscle sprain and nothing very serious.