Leg swelling, discoloration, twitching. Taking antibiotics, red itchy skin. Pacemaker operation done. Treatment?

Hi Dr, My father who is 81 years old and have a pacemaker put in 3years ago, now I see his legs are swollen and discolored - like purple red. Now his hands are shaking and feet are twitching . He was on a medication( I don t the name) which gave him hives . He stopped taking that and now his skin is all red and dried and he itches alot . How bad is my father.? He lives in overseas and I am worried that I don; t get to see him soon.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012