Leg sprain, nothing serious in X-ray, advised plaster for a week. Can I remove it after 5 days?

i had a leg sprain 2 days back ,and met one doctor .Based on my foot xray ,he recommended to put plaster for one week though nothing is complicated along with velzo d ,voveran and chymoral forte question is can I remove my plasterr on the fifth day instead of waiting till one wek as nothing is serious in my xray as per my doctor ?Wat u suggest ?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
removing the plaster before time is taking chance with our health. the plaster must be for to allow healing to muscle and joint if there is any injury. x rays dont show muscle hence to avoid any chance your doctor must have placed plaster to give you full recovery. if i were your doctor i would suggest please keep it for week then its all yours...