Leg press machine at gym, muscle in rib cage popped, ibuprofen ?

I was lifting yesterday with an incline leg press machine. when i was bringing my knees to my chest I felt a muscle near my right side rib cage pop. It caused a little pain at first. It felt like a cramp at first. But the small pain still persisted. At night when I laid down on the right side i feel a small discomfort on the rib cage. It is the following afterrnoon and the discomfort is still there. What should I do for a remedy. I have 800 mg of ibuprofen at my disposal to take or should I contact my physician.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012