Leg pain primarily in the knee and ankle, tingling and swollen. Prescribed Libotryp. Purpose of it ?

Hi doctor, Today my father has been been prescribed Libotryp XL 25 mg. May I know what is the use of this tablet. My father has been suffering from leg pain and primarily in the knee and ankle area. The ankle gets swollen very often and he feels that the left leg is comparatively weaker than the right one. Just below the knee, there is a is a feeling that something is tingling and also stretching under the bone (below shin area). The bone in the left leg does not have any sensation. Previously he was administered with Lyrica 75 mg for 6 weeks. Now the Libotryp XL 25 mg. Please let me know what effect this medicine will have on my fathers ongoing problems.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012