Leg pain, cramps in toe, taking Advil. Help

I was sitting in recliner both legs felt achy took advil back in chair right top of foot started to cramp and draw big toe downward index toe upward painful then left foot did the same and i had no controll to try and pull them forward i could move feet forward from ankles both feet eased up i walked around and now i seem to be okay cramping and drawing lasted 3 - 5 minutes past 2 months or a lil longer i have been having pain in my legs form the knees down sometimes only one leg tonight it was both
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Dear user,

thank you for your questions. its very important to note that if the pain is unilateral meaning one leg if there is any calf size increase or skin redness indications of deep vein thrombosis, an ultra sound for lower limb will help your doctor to test for that. if on the other hand the pain is bilateral and shooting from the spine back to your knees you might want to check for disc prolapse. Now we addressed serious situations, there is a high possibility that those muscle cramps is due to increased physical activity on with low water intake, so drink more water might help you.

hope this helped.

best regards,
Dr. Nazzal